Please note - this is a binding contract. In order to receive consideration, this application must be turned in no less than 2 weeks prior to the requested dates.
Lion's Pause Use of Space Policies
Read this document carefully. This is a binding contract.
- A picture ID is required for all events scheduled in the Pause. You are responsible for informing your event's attendees that they may be turned away without a valid ID.
- EVENT TIMES described within this application will be upheld by the Pause. A change in event times may result in the termination of the contract. All time changes must be approved by the Pause at least one week prior to the event date. Pause employees will not be responsible for working beyond contract times.
- If you plan to decorate the requested space, remember that the organization sponsoring the event is responsible for SET UP and TEAR DOWN. Tear down must occur immediately after the event, unless otherwise approved by the Pause. Failure to remove decorations may result in fines.
- Bands and DJs will be expected to supply their own equipment. CD or tape players will NOT be provided by the Lair. No one other than the Pause employees will be allowed to use equipment. For technical information, please contact the Lion's Pause staff at or (email@example.com, X2968) for more technical information.
- If performers would like acquaintances in the green room, a guest list of no more than 12 names must be provided by load-in time.
- The sponsor organization must nominate an Event Host from its members. This individual or group must remain in the Pause from Load-In to Load-Out and must make themselves available to the Pause staff and the performer(s).
- Any food or beverages requested by the performer will be provided by the sponsor organization. The Pause Kitchen may be contracted by the sponsor organization to provide food and drink. To request a menu or place an order, contact a kitchen manager (firstname.lastname@example.org, x2968). Orders must be placed at least 24 hours in advance.
- Event publicity is the responsibility of the sponsor organization, offensive advertising or advertising in, or alluding to, violation of these policies will be removed.
- The Pause is an alcohol and drug-free environment. All performers and audience members will be expected to adhere to this rule. The aforementioned parties may be reported to the Dean of Students Office, Public Safety, and the Northfield Police for violating this policy. Furthermore, the sponsor organization may be penalized if found to have encouraged unacceptable behavior.
- The Pause reserves the right to deny any application for any reason.
- By submitting this form, the sponsoring organization agrees to pay for any damages to Pause property that occur during the event.
- FINES may be assessed for failure to comply by the above conditions. Fines will be determined by, but not limited to: damage to property, work hours required resolve the consequences of policy violations.
- A separate contract must be completed prior to the submission of this request form for any event in which the performer is to be compensated by St. Olaf College or any of its organizations. See Kris Vatter (email@example.com, x3999) for details.
- Expect to hear from the Lion's Pause Reservations Coordinator within one week. Submit additional information (e.g. chair/ table diagrams, tech riders, etc.) to the folder on the Pause office door, electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by Campus Mail to the Lion's Pause Co-Coordinators. For questions regarding this form, please contact the Lion's Pause Reservations Coordinator (email@example.com, x2968).
- The Reservations Coordinator reserves the right to book simultaneous events in the Manestage, Lion's Lair, Pool Room, and Lion's Den with or without informing the sponsor organizations.
- The Event Host is required to attend the Pause Programming meeting on the Monday prior to their event. The Programming meeting is held during Chapel time (10:10am) in BC109. If the Event Host cannot attend, a surrogate from the sponsor organization must attend. The absence of a representative from the sponsor organization at this meeting will be considered grounds for cancelling the scheduled event.