Brebrick sets pool record as Oles host Northfield Quad Classic
November 2, 2013
NORTHFIELD, Minn. - Billy Brebrick set a pool record in the 200 butterfly as the St. Olaf men's swimming and diving team hosted the Northfield Quad Classic on Saturday at Skoglund Center.
Brebrick, a two-time winner on Saturday, finished in 1:53.33, which was almost six seconds faster than the next best finisher. The former pool record was set in 1989 by Tim Niznik.
Other St. Olaf highlights
- Brebrick added a win in the 100 butterfly (50.84) and a third place swim in the 100 free.
- Spencer Scarth was second in the 200 free in 1:47.41 and also in the 400 individual medley (4:22.18).
- Colby Kubat was second in the 100 breaststroke (58.10).
- Tanner Roe won the 50 free in 21.24, was second in the 100 free (47.20) and the 100 butterfly (51.92).
- Michael Gratz was second in the 50 free (21.79).
- First year Nick Wilkerson was second in the 200 breaststroke in 2:09.60 and third in the 100 breaststroke (58.47).
- Gratz, Kubat, Brebrick and Roe teamed to finish second in the 200 medley relay in a time of 1:33.80. St. Olaf was also the runner up in the 200 free relay with Brebrick, Roe, Andrew France and Gratz in a time of 1:25.37.