Two pool records fall as Ole men swim past Carleton
January 25, 2014
NORTHFIELD, Minn. - Michael Gratz and Nick Wilkerson set Thorpe Pool records as the visiting St. Olaf men's swimming and diving team defeated Carleton 196-95 on Saturday afternoon.
Gratz set the pool mark in the 100 free with his victory in a time of 46.46. Wilkerson set the Thorpe Pool record in the 200 breast with his 2:08.50.
St. Olaf won 15 of the 16 events in the meet.
St. Olaf Highlights
- Scott Hodgson won each diving event, the 1-meter with a score of 280.65 and the 3-meter with a 274.30.
- Gratz also won the 100 back in 52:54 and the 200 IM with a time of 1:56.87.
- Ben Kosieradzki won the 200 free (1:49.60).
- Tanner Roe won the 50 free in 21.64 and the 500 free in 4:47.36.
- Colby Kubat won the 100 butterfly in 53:38. He also won the 100 breast in 57.83 while Wilkerson was second in 59.07.
- The Oles' 200 MR team -- Gratz, Wilkerson, Billy Brebrick and Kosieradzki -- won with a time of 1:36.28. The team's 200 free relay team of Roe, Brebrick, Kubat and Rudstrom won in 1:27.02.
- Spencer Scarth won the 1000 free (10:04.29).
- Alex Rudstrom took first in the 200 back in 2:01.33.