Please note: This is NOT the most current catalog.
Located in Northfield, Minnesota, 40 miles south of Minneapolis-St.
Paul, the St. Olaf campus includes 30 major academic, residential and
service buildings most of which are constructed in the Scandinavian-modern
The Old Main (1878
and 1983): Language classrooms and offices. Listed on the National Register
of Historic Places.
Steensland Museum (1902): Classrooms
Speech-Theater Building (1920 and 1977):
Department of Theatre and theater arts facilities, including two theaters.
Holland Hall (1925 and 1969): Behavioral
and social science classrooms and offices, psychological science laboratories,
Departments of History and Philosophy.
Old Music Hall (1926): Mathematics Department
offices, music practice rooms.
Flaten Hall (1932 and 1956): Education Department
classrooms and offices; TRIO programs (Student Support Services/Professional
Exploration Program, Educational Talent Serach, Upward Bound).
Rølvaag Memorial Library (1942 and
1966, expansion 1990-92): In addition to the book and periodical collections,
the library houses reference and study rooms, English classrooms and
offices, college archives, office and archives of Norwegian-American
Historical Association, the Office of Information and Instructional
Technologies and the Kierkegaard Library.
Old Main Annex (1947): Center for Experiential
Learning (Career Connections Office, Academic Internships Office, Finstad
Office for Entrepreneurial Studies, Office for Servant Leadership);
Academic Support Center; Counseling Center; language laboratory; Oslo
Summer School; foreign languages faculty offices.
Boe Memorial Chapel (1953): Chapel and pastor's
office, classrooms, Religion Department offices.
Dittmann Center (1960 and 2001): Offices
of the Departments of Art and Art History and Dance, classrooms, studios,
rehearsal halls, student gallery and Flaten Art Museum.
Skoglund Athletic Center (1967): Gymnasium-auditorium,
fieldhouse, swimming pool, physical education classrooms, human
performance lab and offices.
Science Center (1968): Science and mathematics
classrooms and offices, laboratories, Glasoe Science Library, nursing
department, media center.
Christiansen Hall of Music (1976): Music
classrooms, rehearsal halls, practice rooms, studios, Halvorson Music
Library, Urness Recital Hall.
Manitou Fieldhouse (1992): Athletic teams'
dressing rooms, weight training and athletic training facilities.
Tostrud Center (2002): Fieldhouse, running
track, elevated walking track, climbing wall, weight room, aerobics
Student Residence Halls and Houses
A listing of residence halls and honor houses is contained
in the Residential Life section later in this catalog.
International and Off-Campus Studies Office; Lifelong Learning Center.
Power Plant (1923 and 1967): Office of Physical
Skifter Radio Building (1931): WCAL FM radio
facilities, Tormodsgaard-Bakken Recital Hall.
Administration Building (1959 and 1986):
Admissions and administrative offices, administrative computer center;
Academic Advising Center.
Buntrock Commons (1999): Dining, recreation,
bookstore, post office, print center, student government and media offices.