Please note: This is NOT the most current catalog.
Located in Northfield, Minn., 40 miles south of Minneapolis-St. Paul, the St. Olaf campus includes 30 major academic, residential, and service buildings, most of which are constructed in the Scandinavian-modern architectural style. For a current map, see http://www.stolaf.edu/visiting/maps.html.
The Old Main (1878 and 1983): World language classrooms and offices. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Steensland Museum (1902): International and Off-Campus Studies Office, Asian Studies
Speech-Theater Building (1920 and 1977): Department of Theatre and theater arts facilities, including two theaters
Holland Hall (1925 and 1969): Behavioral and social science classrooms and offices, psychological science laboratories, Departments of History and Philosophy
Old Music Hall (1926): Mathematics Department offices, music practice rooms
Rølvaag Memorial Library (1942 and 1966, expansion 1990-92): In addition to the book and periodical collections, the library houses reference and study rooms, English classrooms and offices, college archives, office and archives of Norwegian-American Historical Association, the Office of Information and Instructional Technologies, the Kierkegaard Library, and the World Language Center.
Boe Memorial Chapel (1953): Chapel and pastors' offices, classrooms, Religion Department offices
Dittmann Center (1960 and 2001): Offices of the Departments of Art and Art History and Dance, classrooms, studios, rehearsal halls, student gallery, and Flaten Art Museum
Skoglund Athletic Center (1967): Gymnasium-auditorium, fieldhouse, swimming pool, physical education classrooms, human performance lab, and offices
Science Center (1968): Science and mathematics classrooms and offices, laboratories, Glasoe Science Library, Nursing Department, media center
Christiansen Hall of Music (1976): Music classrooms, rehearsal halls, practice rooms, studios, Halvorson Music Library, Urness Recital Hall
Manitou Fieldhouse (1992): Athletic teams’ dressing rooms, weight training and athletic training facilities
Tostrud Center (2002): Fieldhouse, running track, elevated walking track, climbing wall, weight room, aerobics room
Administrative Parking Lot (Beginning in 2006, during construction of the new St. Olaf science complex): Building 1, Education Department, TRIO programs; Building 2, Center for Experiential Learning (Career Connections Office, Academic Internships Office, Finstad Program for Entrepreneurial Studies, Office for Servant Leadership); Building 3, Academic Support Center; Building 4, Classrooms; Building 5, Classrooms
Student Residence Halls and Houses
A listing of residence halls and honor houses is contained in the Residential Life section later in this catalog.
Power Plant (1923 and 1967): Office of Physical Facilities offices
Skifter Radio Building (1931): Vice President for College Relations; Sing for Joy; Communications-Mar-keting; Church Relations; Center for Lifelong Learning
Administration Building (1959 and 1986): Admissions and administrative offices, Academic Advising Center
Buntrock Commons (1999): Dining, recreation, bookstore, post office, print center, student govern-ment, and media offices, Student Support Services