Please note: This is NOT the most current catalog.

The Campus

Located in Northfield, Minn., 40 miles south of Minneapolis-St. Paul, the St. Olaf campus includes 30 major academic, residential, and service buildings, most of which are constructed in the Scandinavian-modern architectural style. For a current map, see

Academic Buildings

The Old Main (1878 and 1983): World language classrooms and offices. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Steensland Museum (1902): International and Off-Campus Studies Office, Asian Studies

Speech-Theater Building (1920 and 1977): Department of Theatre and theater arts facilities, including two theaters

Holland Hall (1925 and 1969): Social science classrooms and offices, Departments of History and Philosophy

Old Music Hall (1926): Mathematics Department offices (now part of Regents Hall)

Rølvaag Memorial Library (1942 and 1966, expansion 1990-92): Book and periodical collections, reference and study rooms, English classrooms and offices, college archives, office and archives of Norwegian-American Historical Association, the Office of Information and Instructional Technologies, the Kierkegaard Library, and the World Language Center.

Boe Memorial Chapel (1953): Chapel and pastors' offices, classrooms, Religion Department offices

Dittmann Center (1960 and 2001): Offices of the Departments of Art and Art History and Dance, classrooms, studios, rehearsal halls, student gallery, and Flaten Art Museum

Skoglund Athletic Center (1967): Gymnasium-auditorium, fieldhouse, swimming pool, Exercise Science classrooms, human performance lab, and offices

Science Center (1968): Undergoing renovation

Regents Hall of Natural and Mathematical Sciences (2008): offices, laboratories, and classrooms, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics

Christiansen Hall of Music (1976): Music classrooms, rehearsal halls, practice rooms, studios, Halvorson Music Library, Urness Recital Hall

Manitou Fieldhouse (1992): Athletic teams’ dressing rooms, weight training and athletic training facilities

Tostrud Center (2002): Fieldhouse, running track, elevated walking track, climbing wall, weight room, aerobics room

Administrative Parking Lot:: Building 1: Education Department, TRIO programs; Building 2: Center for Experiential Learning (Career Connections, Internships, Entrepreneurial Studies and Civic Engagement); Building 3: Academic Support Center; Building 4: Classrooms; Building 5: Classrooms

Regents Hall of Natural and Mathematical Sciences (2008): Departments of Biology; Chemistry; Environmental Studies; Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science; Physics; Psychology; classrooms, laboratories, Glasoe Science Library

Student Residence Halls and Houses

A listing of residence halls and honor houses is contained in the Residential Life section later in this catalog.

Service Facilities

Power Plant (1923 and 1967): Office of Physical Facilities offices

Skifter Radio Building (1931): Vice President for College Relations; Sing for Joy; Communications-Marketing; Church Relations; Center for Lifelong Learning

Administration Building (1959 and 1986): Admissions, Academic Advising Center, Accounts Payable, Advancement & College Relations, Affirmative Action, Alumni & Parent Relations, Annual Giving, Business Office, Church Relations, Dean of Students, Dean of the College, Financial Aid, Health Services, Human Resources, Institutional Diversity, Institutional Research & Evaluation, Parking, Payroll, President of the College, Public Safety, Registrar, Residence Life, Stewardship, Student Accounts, Treasurer's Office

Buntrock Commons (1999): Dining, recreation, bookstore, post office, print center, student government, and media offices, Student Support Services