Construction of Holland Hall with Ladies'
Hall in its shadow, 1925
Steps of the "new" music building
(old Christiansen Hall), ca. 1955
A new use for Ladies' Hall
Ladies' Hall found another use in its last years as
the college's first music building. For a dozen years it provided
practice rooms for aspiring student musicians whose sounds and sighs
earned the building its last name as "Agony Hall" or "Old
Agony." It was dismantled in the summer of 1926, as the new
Music Building neared completion. Indeed, steps for the Music Building
constructed of boards from Ladies' Hall were used for 60 years!