The cornerstone was placed in Steensland
Hall on May 17, 1902. Three hammer strokes symbolized
the Trinity and recalled a similar ceremony at the cornerstone
laying of the Main, 25 years earlier. A large crowd
attended the library dedication on Nov. 6, 1902, the
anniversary of the college's founding and a day it annually
observed with reflection about its institutional purposes.