Faculty Governance Committee
The general purpose of the committee is to monitor faculty governance, and to represent the faculty to the administration and the Board of Regents.
|Timothy Mahr||2013||Fine Arts|
|Anthony Becker, Chair||2013||Social Sciences|
|John Giannini||2014||Natural Sciences and
|Anthony Lott||2013||Interdisciplinary and General Studies|
|Mary Carlsen||2013||Faculty Observer to the Board of Regents|
|Rick Goedde||2014||Faculty Observer-Elect
to the Board of Regents
|Marci Sortor||ex-officio||Provost and Dean of the College|
|Alan Norton||ex-officio||Vice President and Treasurer|
|Phyllis Larson||ex-officio||Assistant Provost|
|Melody Rosen||2013||Student Representative|
Responsibilities of the committee include:
- make recommendations on faculty governance
- advise the administration on faculty meetings, college governance and college planning
- review and make recommendations to the faculty on changes to the Faculty Manual
- appoint from its own membership five faculty to serve on the Regents-Faculty Conference Committee
- oversee faculty membership on faculty committees, to nominate candidates for committee elections, and to coordinate elections
- select hearing committees as specified under Dismissal Proceedings (Section 4.XVII).
Terms of Office: Faculty representatives serve two-year terms with terms of office staggered.
The Faculty Governance Committee replaces the following committees: