Educational Talent Search Program
Program Objectives and Intended Outcomes
Educational Talent Search (ETS) is a college preparatory program funded by the U.S. Department of Education's TRiO programs with St. Olaf College sponsorship. The goal of ETS is to increase the likelihood that participants complete high school and gain admission to postsecondary programs, learn about financial aid, and re-enter secondary and postsecondary educational programs.
Educational Talent Search participants will demonstrate:
- School promotion - 90% of non-senior participants served during each project period will be promoted to the next grade level at the end of each academic year.
- Secondary school graduation - 90% of high school seniors (and their equivalents in alternative education programs) will graduate from secondary school or receive a certificate of high school equivalency during each project period.
- Student financial aid - 95% of "college ready" program participants will apply for financial aid during each project period.
- Postsecondary education admissions - 90% of "college ready" program participants will apply for postsecondary school admission during each project period.
- Postsecondary education enrollment - 85% of "college ready" participants will enroll in a program of postsecondary school education during each project period (or during the next fall term).