Film Studies Concentration
Intended Learning Outcomes
Students will demonstrate:
- functional use of the basic film vocabulary (ways of talking/writing about film).
- basic knowledge of the narrative of film history.
- familiarity with theoretical frameworks for assessing film, and the ability to integrate film theory into the student’s own analyses of film.
- ability to examine films comparatively and cross-culturally.
- basic understanding of the mechanics of filmmaking (which could include screenwriting, scoring/composing, acting, lighting, shooting, editing), and the development of at least one of these skills in greater depth.