Mathematical Biology Concentration
Intended Learning Outcomes
Students will demonstrate:
- the ability to describe biological systems from molecular to ecosystem scales in terms of static and
dynamic processes using appropriate terminology and resources to identify questions and the parameters
needed to address these.
- the ability to use computers to acquire and process data and graphically display data in a variety of
- the ability to select appropriate approaches/methods and tools to generate mathematical models of
aspects of biology.
- the ability to use mathematical and computational methods to analyze biological problems and to make
informed decisions based on interpretations of the results.
- the ability to effectively communicate quantitative ideas to biologists and biological ideas to