Bachelor of Music with Elective Studies in Another Discipline
Intended Learning Outcomes
Students will demonstrate:
1. the ability to hear, identify, and work with musical elements: rhythm, pitch, harmony, structure, timbre, texture.
2. ability to read and realize musical notation fluently.
3. ability to recognize and articulate an understanding of compositional process and musical style with references to artists, technologies, events, and cultural forces through the major periods of music history.
4. ability to use research tools and analysis independently to develop, defend, and write musical judgments.
5. a trajectory of continuing growth in applying basic musicianship skills, independently, to the preparation of expressive performances informed by 1, 2, and 3 (above).
6. integrative thinking by combining musical understanding and performance with another disciplinary perspective.