Intended Learning Outcomes
Students will demonstrate:
- a practice of rigorous reflection on what is ultimately worthwhile.
- understanding of philosophical methods, issues, and arguments, both constitutive of and critical of the Western philosophical tradition
- the ability to interpret and criticize philosophical texts.
- the ability to contribute to systematic oral discussion of philosophical topics.
- the ability to construct sustained, well-supported philosophical arguments and to articulate objections and counterarguments.