Intended Learning Outcomes
Students will demonstrate:
- an understanding of natural and social science concepts in psychology, in the areas of developmental, experimental design, human learning and cognition, personality, physiological, psychopathology, sensation and perception, social, and statistics.
- the ability to frame and explore questions in psychology by using appropriate resources to develop hypotheses, analyze data, and interpret results.
- the ability to identify and think critically about psychology’s connections to other disciplines in the liberal arts.
- the ability to apply psychological principles to explain behavior and test theoretical predictions using appropriate concepts, theories, and methods.
- knowledge of the ethical principles guiding psychology by
- explaining why APA ethical principles are important,
- using those principles to evaluate others’ research, and
- incorporating those principles into their own empirical research