Women's and Gender Studies Major
Intended Learning Outcomes
Students will demonstrate:
- the ability to define key concepts and terms and use them correctly.
- the ability to understand, evaluate, and apply appropriately and creatively disciplinary theories and analytical frameworks as they inform or are informed by gender.
- the ability to summarize or analyze key disciplinary texts that emphasize gender and feminist perspectives.
- the ability to recognize the inter-textual dialogue of key disciplinary texts through history and within and across disciplines to apply their understanding to current conversations.
- the ability to identify, analyze, and interpret intersections of gender within race, ethnicity, class, age, sexualities, abilities, and other categories of difference.
- the ability to articulate a critical awareness of their own subjectivity that acknowledges privilege and values difference.
- the ability to practice research methods and to use a variety of scholarly and non-scholarly resources appropriate to Women’s and Gender Studies.