Women's Studies Concentration
Intended Learning Outcomes
Students will demonstrate:
- basic proficiency with terms - students will define key concepts and terms and use them correctly.
- basic proficiency with theories -students will understand, evaluate, and apply appropriately and creatively disciplinary theories and analytical frameworks as they inform or are informed by gender.
- full proficiency with texts -students will summarize or analyze key disciplinary texts that emphasize women’s lives and experiences.
- basic proficiency with contexts -students will recognize the inter-textual dialogue of key disciplinary texts through history and within and across disciplines to apply their understanding to current conversations.
- full proficiency with categories of difference -students will identify, analyze, and interpret intersections of gender within race, ethnicity, class, age, sexualities, abilities, and other categories of difference.
- basic proficiency with awareness of subjectivity - students will develop and articulate a critical awareness of their own subjectivity that acknowledges privilege and values difference.