International and Domestic Off-Campus Studies Committee
Minutes of the Wednesday, February 14th, 2007 IDOCS meeting at 3:30 p.m. in BC146
Present: Solveig Zempel (IGS Dean Representative), Eric Lund (IOS Director), Karil Kucera (IDOCS committee Member), Jeane Delaney (IDOCS Chair), Kris MacPherson (IDOCS committee member), Dona Freeman (IDOCS committee member), Cate Redman (Student), Kelin Loe (Student), Katherine Baker (ex-officio Registrar's representative), Joseph Mbele (program adviser for ACM Botswana).
- Meeting started at 3:35 p.m. The February 7th, 2007 Minutes were reviewed and approved.
- Eric’s Report
- Eric recently met with the Regents; Eric noted that the Regents will consider the issues related to study abroad expenditures at their June retreat
- Eric will meet with Arnie Ostebee this week to continue the conversation begun regarding the review of IOS last fall
- Program reviews
- ACM Botswana – Joseph Mbele joined the meeting to discuss the details of this program.
- Solveig raised the question as to whether or not there is a need to deal with pilot status with regard to this program since it has been in existence for a long period of time and has already been granted full status. The only change is the location of the program, with this location change from Tanzania and Zimbabwe to now Botswana necessitating a logical change in language study.
- Katherine Baker highlighted some suggested changes to the IOS brochure regarding GE credit and spring program senior enrollment.
- The committee voted to approve the program as a replacement for the earlier ACM programs, thereby granting it immediate full status.
- CIEE and IES Programs in the Southern Cone - Latin America
- Jeane Delaney, program adviser for both programs, spoke to the rationale for having these two programs in Chile and Argentina versus only one.
- The committee commended the Hispanic Studies program on working to establish these much needed new programs in Latin America.
- The committee voted to approve both programs for pilot status.
- RPC definitions of IDOCS
- Discussion of changes to be made to definition of IDOCS duties for RPC committee re-structuring.
- Document was clarified and given to Jeane Delaney to forward on to Jill Dietz
- Kelin Loe noted that those involved with the new committee re-structuring plan will meet with the Student Senate next week to clarify the implications for them.
- Meeting adjourned at 4:15 pm.