Probability Distribution At Level 2, n=2 l=1 m=+/-1 for the H Atom (Z = 1)
Each axis point represents 1 Angstrom (100 pm); full range -10 to +10 A.
Orbital extent was set at 6 A. Click and drag the models to see them from different perspectives.
These depictions were created as follows:
- Orbital.EXE was used to create the individual Chime XYZ files, each consisting of 5000 probability points and 61 points showing the axes.
- Using an editor, the files were opened.
- The 5000 probability points from one file (skipping the 61 axes points) were cut and pasted into the other file.
- The first number in the file, "5061" was changed to "10061"
- The file was saved under a new name.
- The 2_1_1_.HTM file created by Orbital.EXE was adapted to show what you are reading now.
R. M. Hanson, "Orbital"
J. Chem. Educ.