Other Chemistry Program Highlights
Students pursuing a major in chemistry also have the following opportunities:
- Hands-on access to state-of-the-art instrumentation.
- Stipends for summer science research with chemistry faculty.
- Opportunities to present research at regional and national meetings.
- Opportunities to co-author research publications with faculty mentors
- Off-Campus Study: Medicinal Chemistry in Jamaica, taught during our January Interim.
- Membership in the St. Olaf Chemistry Society (SOCS), a student-run organization that includes students who enjoy chemistry and seek opportunities to use chemistry outside of the classroom.
- Opportunities to be a Teaching Assistant or Laboratory Assistant and work closely with faculty and students as a tutor and mentor.