The Department of Chemistry will:
- Award 5 to 17 scholarships annually, up to $10,000 each year.
- Each scholarship is renewable for up to four years.
Several Special Program Features are designed to help St. Olaf student scholars prepare for graduate school or enter careers in high tech fields. These are: Special Program Features
- Academic mentoring and advising.
- Academic support in the form of Supplemental Instruction (SI), tutoring and textbook lending.
- Professional development activities.
- Career counseling, services and related activities such as workshops, field trips, internship information and seminars.
- Connections to other St. Olaf programs that support students from similar groups.
These include the St. Olaf Undergraduate Scholars Program and TRiO programs, which include the TRiO McNair Scholars Program, Upward Bound,
Educational Talent Search, Student Support Services and Gear Up.