St. Olaf Chinese Language Program
欢迎光临 ! At St. Olaf, you can pursue your interest in China and the Chinese language in the following ways:
- We offer from beginning to advanced (4th year-level) language courses. Students not only develop skills in the language, but also gain knowledge of China in all of the language courses by using various authentic materials. You may take Chinese language courses to fulfill the College’s foreign language requirement, to major in Asian Studies, and/or complete a concentration in Chinese Studies.
- We offer various China-related courses both within Asian Studies as well as from other departments such as art history, history, philosophy, political science, psychology, and religion.
- You can study abroad at East China Normal University in Shanghai. Study abroad can be for a semester or a whole year.
- You may apply for an Academic Internship during Interim or Summer.
- You may join the Asian Conversations Program to broaden your understanding of Asia while studying Chinese and travel to China for Interim.
- You can also participate in various extra-curricular activities, such as the Chinese Culture Club and martial arts.
- A number of our graduates have received Fulbright scholarships, been accepted for St Olaf’s China Fellows Program to teach in Shanghai, and continued their studies of China in various graduate programs.