What Can I do With a Math Major?
- Career Ideas from the St. Olaf Mathematics Department
Career Columns published in the St. Olaf Math Mess
Information on careers, preparation, profiles of mathematicaticians, etc,
This site covers science and engineering as well as mathematics
From the Mathematical Association of America.
Profiles of many successful mathematicians.
From the Canadian Mathematical Society.
- Jobs in Industry (see SIAM's online brochure)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook (Bureau of Labor Statistics) (see especially the section on mathematics)
- SIAM Report on Mathematics in Industry (see especially the sections on Applications of Mathematics and Opportunities in Mathematics)
Professor Paul Humke's career information page.
- Careers in Statistics from the American Statistical Association. Contains:
- About Careers in Statistics
- What is Statistics? What Do Statisticians Do?
- Statistics Job and Internship Opportunities
- Career Brochures
- Career Articles and Publications
- What is an Actuary? From the Purdue Actuarial Science Club.
From York University.
St. Olaf Computer Science Concentration Careers Page.
From the Association of Computing Machinery.
- Schools offering graduate study in Financial Mathematics, from the International Association of Financial Engineers
From the University of Richmond.
Note especially the skills required in the Corporate Finance section.