Music Performance Studies (Lessons)
Basic Lesson Information for All Students
- Lessons are renewed, requested, added, dropped, changed and registered through the Music Office only, with forms available in the Music Office only (never web SIS).
- Lessons cost $440 per .25 credit
- Students should notify the Music Office of any lesson or major changes immediately for billing purposes and to allow waitlisted students to be placed in open spots.
- The last day to DROP a fall lesson WITH A REFUND is
Thursday, September 13th, 2012.
- The last day to DROP a spring lesson WITH A REFUND is
Thursday, February 14th, 2013.
In addition to the St.Olaf Credit Hour Policy, the Music Department recognized the following definitions of a credit in fractional credit courses and in Performance Studies:
For 0.50 credit courses: a minimum of 6 hours/week is required (2 hours of in-class and 4 hours out-of-class or 3 hours in-class and 3 hours out-of-class)
For 0.25 credit courses: a minimum of 3/hours/week is required (2 hours of in-class and 1 hour out-of-class or 3 hours in-class)
For Music performance studies (lessons) are:
0.25 credit: weekly half-hour lessons, daily minimum one-hour practice
0.50 credit: weekly one-hour lessons, daily minimum two-hour practice
1.00 credit: weekly one-hour lessons, daily minimum three-hour practice