General Guidelines for Student Work
- Start work on time and fill out your timesheet at the end of
each work period.
Timesheets are in folders in the office cabinet.
- Look for papers to be graded or work to be done on the "To
be graded" shelves in the cabinet. Alphabetize the papers
by the last names of the students.
- Follow the instructions
carefully and write your
initials in the top left corner of each paper you grade. You
can write some brief comments on papers that are especially good,
but refrain from writing negative comments or personal comments
to students you know.
- Put completed
work in the "Finished" shelf on the right. If you only finish
some of the papers, put them in a folder on the "Finished" shelf.
unfinished papers in a folder back on the "To be graded" shelf
and be sure the instructions/key are on the top.
- If there is no work on the shelves, ask the professors who
are there for help. If there is still no work to be done, you
should clean the office thoroughly (dust shelves, clean desk)
and organize the materials in the small closet at the end of
- Focus on the job at hand and refrain from using cellphones
or having loud conversations.
- If you are unable to work on a particular day, please find your own substitute and let the work supervisor know ahead of time via e-mail.
Workbook pages (Norw. 111 and 231)
- Use the keys that are in notebooks on the shelf next to the
work to be graded.
- Use a red pen and write in corrections for incorrect answers,
grammar errors, or misspellings.
- If the student has left an exercise blank, just write a note at the top asking them to complete the exercise. Refrain from filling in all the answers.
Essays and dialogs (Norw. 111, 231, 253, and 371)
- Faculty usually grade free writing (essays and dialogs) differently
depending on the level of the students. Sometimes you will write
in all the corrections, but other times you will be underlining
the error and writing in parentheses above the word what the
type of error was. Here are some common examples.
Om sommeren jeg bader ofte. / Hva du liker å gjøre?
Jeg liker gå på kino. / Jeg bor i Norge i 1998.
Familien min bor i et koseligt hus.
Jeg har mange vennene.
Dette er bilen mitt.
Jeg liker romet mitt.