Organization: Central States Anthropological Society (http://www.aaanet.org/sections/csas/)
Beth Wilder Dillingham Award (http://www.aaanet.org/sections/csas/?page_id=24)
The Beth Wilder Dillingham Award was established in 1989 by Mrs. Una G. Wilder and Clay Dillingham to honor Dillingham’s commitment to the CSAS and the discipline and the purpose of furthering anthropology by aiding young scholars (graduate or undergraduate) with dependent children. This award is meant to reflect one of Beth Dillingham’s major concerns-the difficulty of building an academic career while raising children at the same time. Therefore it is the spirit of the award to assist graduate or undergraduate students in any subfield of anthropology who are responsible for the care of one or more children..
Applications for the Dillingham Award consists of the following:
A. Send to email@example.com as email attachments in either Word or PDF format:
(1) completed application form;
(2) statement (no more than 1000 words) describing why the award is sought (e.g., to offset expenses for fieldwork, travel, equipment, supplies, or food and lodging);
(3) statement (no more than 1000 words) indicating the importance of the applicant’s work to anthropology;
(4) curriculum vitae (no more than 5 pages in length);
(5) documentation indicating that the applicant is currently caring for a child (e.g., statement from pediatrician, child’s school, or teacher).
B. No more than three letters of recommendation from faculty members and others familiar with the applicant’s scholarly work, sent either in sealed envelopes with author’s signature across the flap, or directly by referee, to
Dr. Margaret Buckner
Chair, CSAS Dillingham Award Committee
Sociology and Anthropology
Missouri State University
901 South National Avenue
Springfield, MO 65897
All application materials—both electronic and mailed—must be received by April 9, 2012. Incomplete applications will not be considered. All applications will be reviewed and a decision made no later than June 30, 2012. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org; (417) 836-6165. Application forms can be found at the CSAS website, http://www.aaanet.org/sections/csas/.