The Costume Society of America- Midwest Region will have its Annual Symposium and Meeting October 14 and 15, 2011 on the University of Northern Iowa campus in Cedar Falls, IA. The symposium will include lectures, Exhibits and Performances in the area and gather around the conference theme " Costumes As Performance and Activism". Click on the links below for complete information about the symposium.
Sustainability in Theater: People, Planet, Profit, Purpose
April 30 - May 1, 2012
A blended conference dedicated to providing tangible, practical strategies to improving theater practices, ensuring theaters remain a vital part of our community. Presented by the Minnesota Theater Alliance and the Twin Cities Sustainable Theaters Group.
1. To keep in existence; maintain.
2. To supply with necessities or nourishment; provide for.
3. To support from below; keep from falling or sinking; prop.
4. To support the spirits, vitality, or resolution of; encourage."
• What sustainability practices do you and your organization have in place?
• Please be thinking about what you currently do, what you would like to do, what you need to know more about, and barriers you face in implementing sustainability practices.
• At the upcoming USITT Fall Conference on September 16 and 17, we will spend a little time collecting information to help gain a baseline of sustainability practices currently in use in our region's theaters.
Your input during the NBS Fall Conference will be used to help guide planning.
More information about the conference is available at http://minnesotatheateralliance.org/content/sustainability-theater-2012
Productions Around The Region
University of Minnesota- Duluth, Duluth, MN
• The Foreigner by Larry Shue - October 20-29, 2011
• Target Behavior (premiere) by Caity Shea Violette - December 1-10, 2011
St. Olaf College, Northfield, MN
• Recent Tragic Events by Craig Wright October 6-9
• Under Milk Wood by Dylan Thomas November 1-13, 17-19
Central College, Pella, IA
• Murdered to Death by Peter Gordon October 5-8
• The Laramie Project by Moises Kaufman & the Tectonic Theater Project November 9-11
• Endgame by Samuel Beckett November 16-18
ARCC, Coon Rapids, MN
University of North Dakota Grand Forks
Gustavus Adolphus College
St. Peter, MN 507 933 7590
Saint Mary's University of Minnesota, Winona
• Playboy of the Western World by J.M. Synge
October 6th through 9th, Joseph Page Theatre
• Machinal by Sophie Treadwell November 16th through 20th, Academy Theatre
Minnesota State Mankato Department of Theatre & Dance
Winona State University, Winona, MN
For tickets and info call 507-457-5235, or go to our new online ticket site - wsuartstickets.com