10th Annual St. Olaf Science Symposium
Friday, May 1, 2009
Recent developments in robotics and genetics raise questions about what it means to be human and what is the appropriate use of new technologies. The 2009 Science Symposium speakers will explore some of these ethical issues through the lenses of both science and theology.
- Do genes determine everything about us?
- Are we basically complicated machines?
- When does a creature deserve to be treated as intrinsically valuable?
- Is our genetic code a product of divine creation?
- How should we use genetic technologies?
Sponsored by the Hardy Chair