2013 Social Science Conference
Social and natural scientists consider
Health and Inequality: Social Determinants of Health
February 19th - 23rd, 2013
Click on above icons to connect to resource.
- U.S. Health in International Perspective: Shorter Lives, Poorer Health - Committee on Population at The National Research Council
- The Social Determinants of Health: Coming of Age - Paula Braveman, Susan Egerter, and David R. Williams
- Closing the Gap in a Generation: Health Equity Through Action on the Social Determinants of Health -
A publication by the World Health Organization
- Unnatural Causes: Is Inequality Making Us Sick? - from the PBS Documentary Series
- Global Health Equity: Evidence for Action on the Social Determinants of Health - M. Marmot and S. Friel
- Why People Hate to Shop For Health Insurance - Anna Odegaard
- Influence of Competitive Food and Beverage Policies on Children's Diets and Childhood Obesity - from "Healthy Eating Research"
- Preventing Obesity Among Preschool Children: How Can Child-care Settings Promote Healthy Eating
and Physical Activity? - from "Healthy Eating Research"
- Population-Based Public Health Nursing Interventions: A Model from Practice - Linda Olson Keller, R.N., M.S., Susan Strohschein, R.N., M.S., Betty Lia-Hoagberg, R.N., Ph.D., and Marjorie Schaffer, R.N., Ph.D.
- Neighborhood Effects on the Long-Term Well-Being of Low-Income Adults - Jens Ludwig, Greg J. Duncan, Lisa A. Gennetian, Lawrence F. Katz, Ronald C. Kessler, Jeffrey R. Kling, Lisa Sanbonmatsu
- Tackling America's Eating Habits, One Store at a Time - Jennifer Couzin-Frankel
- Will an Aspirin a Day Keep Cancer Away? - Jocelyn Kaiser
- Uncertain Verdict as Vitamin D Goes On Trial - Kai Kupferschmidt
- Chronic Disease Vaccines Need Shot in the Arm - Bijal Trivedi
- Fetal and Early Childhood Undernutrition, Mortality, and Lifelong Health - Chessa K. Lutter and Randall Lutter
- It Takes More Than an Apple a Day - Caroline Ash, Paula Kiberstis, Eliot Marshall, John Travis
- Task Force's Prevention Advice Proves Hard to Swallow - Virginia Moyer, M.D.
- Preventing Alzheimer's Disease - Dennis J. Selkoe
- Changing Human Behavior to Prevent Disease: The Importance of Targeting Automatic Processes - Theresa M. Marteau, Gareth J. Hollands, and Paul C. Fletcher
- Global Indicators and Targets for Noncommunicable Diseases - S. Y. Angell, I. Danel, and K. M. DeCock
- Can Noncommunicable Diseases Be Prevented? Lessons from Studies of Populations and Individuals
- Majid Ezzati and Elio Riboli
Keynote Speeches for the 2011, 2012, and 2013 Social Science Conferences: