Food & Drink Policy (Adopted June, 2009)
Rolvaag Library’s Food & Drink Policy endeavors to create
a welcoming atmosphere for research, reflection, and relaxation.
As we strive to promote a pleasant environment, we also wish to
protect the college’s significant investment in the physical
collection, computer technology, and furniture. We ask that library
users act responsibly when consuming food and beverages, and ensure
that no trace is left behind and no damages are caused by the
presence food or drink in Rolvaag Library.
We ask that library users follow these guidelines to ensure the
library remains a clean and welcoming place for everyone.
- Take responsibility for maintaining a sanitary and pleasant
- Remove crumbs, wipe off sticky surfaces, and clean up after
- Dispose of trash in appropriate receptacles.
- Refrain from bringing particularly smelly and messy food
in the library, this includes pizza, fast food, soup, etc.
- Use good judgement in keeping food and drink at a safe distance
from library materials and computers.
- Report food or drink spills to the Circulation Desk or Reference
Desk promptly so that immediate action may be taken to minimize
Note: Unattended food/drink will be promptly discarded.