Community Life and Diversity
[Faculty Handbook Category #3]
General purpose is to provide for communication and coordination among existing offices and organizations working to increase inclusiveness; to work with the college community towards increasing understanding and appreciation of diversity; to improve the college’s ability to attract and retain persons of various races, cultures and backgrounds by assisting in the identification and removal of (visible and invisible) barriers and by enhancing campus climate. The Office of Community Life and Diversity shall provide staff support.
A. Responsibilities include:
1. To monitor efforts to attract and retain ethnic minorities and other under represented populations in the students, faculty, and staff ranks.
2. To identify, recommend, and when possible, implement programs and strategies to meet the needs of the campus community and to address issues of diversity and inclusion.
3. To clarify areas of responsibility where necessary.
4. To advise the President.
5. To report directly to the President.
1. Dean of Community Life and Diversity (convener and chair)
2. Director of Multicultural Affairs and Community Outreach (MACO)
3. Director of American Racial and Multicultural Studies
4. Director of Professional Exploration Program (PEP)
5. Faculty Diversity Education Coordinator
6. Director of International Studies (or designee)
8. Director of Buntrock Commons
9. A College Pastor
10. Human Resources Director (or designee)
11. Director of Admissions (or designee)
12. Faculty member
13. TRIO Program Director (or designee)
C. Membership Term: In order to provide additional continuity, the members shall be appointed for a two-year renewable term.