Access to Personnel File
[Faculty Handbook Category #1]
Although personnel records are the property of the
college, employees have a right to review their personnel records under
· the request is made in writing;
· no more than one request is made in any six-month period;
· the review of the record takes place in the Human Resources Office in the presence of a Human Resources representative.
As permitted by law, certain items will be excluded from the personnel record prior to its review, such as, written references by another person, certain medical records, etc.
If an active employee wishes to obtain a copy of his/her personnel file, he/she must make a separate written request for a copy.
If an employee disputes
information contained in the personnel record, he/she
· request a copy of the disputed information;
· request that it be removed from the record.
If the college does not
agree to remove disputed information, the employee
Employees who leave the