Term Recruitment Procedures
- Complete the “Request to Recruit” form. This form can be found on line at: http://www.stolaf.edu/offices/doc/forms/requesttorecruitfillin913.pdf
- Once the appropriate signatures are obtained, submit the form to the Dean’s office along with ad copy and an estimate of the ad cost(s). Once approved, a copy of the recruitment form will be sent back to the department. The Department should send an electronic copy of the job posting to the Dean’s office (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be posted on the web.
- Major expenses (ad placement, airline tickets) require pre-authorization from the Associate Dean and Suzan Wegner (who manages the Dean’s recruitment budget) before purchasing.
- Identify a pool of candidates. Only one candidate will be brought to campus at a time. A decision to hire (not hire) must be made before another candidate is brought to campus. The Associate Dean (this can be via the AAA) should notify Suzan Wegner of each candidate’s name, position interviewing for, as well as dates on campus. This will be the process until a suitable candidate is found.
- When a decision to hire has been made, confirm salary with Associate Dean before an offer is made. Then complete an “Appointment Information for Term Faculty” form (or in the case of a coach, who is not teaching, complete the “Coaches Term Appointment” form). These forms can be found on the web at: http://www.stolaf.edu/offices/doc/facultyrecruitment/facultyrecruitmentforms.html
- Requests for reimbursement of expenses related to on-campus interviews should be sent directly to Suzan Wegner in the Dean’s Office. Be sure to have the candidate complete and sign a Form W-9. The Dean’s office will pay for the following expenses: advertising and the candidates travel expenses. All other expenses wil be covered by the department budget (meals with candidate, trips to airport, parking at airport).