German -Term Position - Spring 2014
The German Department at St. Olaf College invites applications for a one semester position at the level of Assistant Professor, starting February 2014. Applicants should have native or near-native proficiency in German and English, with special expertise at teaching intermediate and advanced-level language classes. The teaching load is two or three courses (we will confirm by December 1, 2013). Native or near-native skills in German are required and a completed PhD is preferred.
There is the possibility of reappointment for the following academic year. Review of applications will begin immediately.
A liberal arts college affiliated with the Lutheran church (ELCA), St. Olaf College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity in its students, faculty and staff.
To provide a safe and secure educational environment, St. Olaf College verifies the accuracy of all credentials presented by applicants and conducts a criminal background check on every new hire.
All applicants must submit application materials on the St. Olaf College Human Resources website at https://jobs.stolaf.edu. A complete application includes:
- a cover letter outlining your qualifications
- a current curriculum vitae
- a short statement (1-2 pages) describing your teaching philosophy
- evidence of teaching excellence, if available (please upload as “Other Document 1”)
- names and email contact information for two professional references who can speak to your abilities in classroom teaching and scholarship (St. Olaf will solicit the letters after you certify and submit your application)