HELPFUL HINTS FOR USING “VARIABLE TRAVELER” IN RESX
- The “variable traveler” option is to be used for any traveler who is not an employee of the college. Any traveler who is an employee of the college should be entered as a user on RESX with profile information completed. The VT (variable traveler) is used for job candidates, guests of the college, etc.
- You should always log on to RESX as yourself. To access the Variable Traveler option for the first time, go to the Air icon and click on the drop down box, Viewing Profile for: directly under your name on the left side of the page. Click on OTHER TRAVELERS. Type in Variable as the first name and Traveler as the last name. Move to the next page and hit Select. You may now proceed to make your booking. YOU DO NOT NEED TO ENTER ANY NAME, ADDRESS OR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION UNTIL THE RESERVATION IS MADE. Once you have used the Variable Traveler option, you may access it directly on subsequent occasions through the “Variable Traveler” tab on the drop down box.
- If you are unable to access the Variable Traveler option, please contact Nancy Charles at 800 322 7720 ext 284 to have your capabilities changed to a Travel Planner and/or have your ID added to the Variable traveler profile.
- Now you may begin booking your travel as normal. Keep in mind that Minneapolis/St. Paul will be the destination, not the origin of the flight. At the end of your transaction on the Itinerary page, please insure the flight, car and hotel information is correct. Hit PURCHASE NOW and you will be taken to the Variable Traveler Information Page.
- On this page, enter all information for the traveler. This would include name (exactly as it appears on the driver’s license or ID), e-mail address, home and work phone numbers, frequent flyer number, meal and seat preferences, and credit card information for billing purposes. It is helpful to collect all of the necessary information from the traveler before you begin the reservation process. There will be some required information marked by a red *. Keep in mind that the itinerary/invoice will be emailed to the address you specify. There is also a BOX for any detailed instructions you may need to send to an agent. For example, you may have booked the flight, but were unable to find a hotel.
- The next page will ask you to enter EMPLOYEE NUMBER – enter your number for reporting purposes. This can be found on your pay statement or your St. Olaf ID card (digits 8 through 12).
- The next page will tell you “You have just chosen to purchase your air ticket. Carlson Wagonlit Travel will process your air reservation based on your preferences. Thank you for your business!
- Hit CONTINUE
- The next page is the Itinerary page and will give you a recap of your “purchased” reservation.
- From this page, you can send an email, you can name the trip for reference and you can save this trip as a TEMPLATE. This can be helpful if you are booking multiple travelers to the same destination or you have travelers that take the same trip multiple times.
If you choose to create a template, name the template and then click on Personal or Shared. If you click on Shared, then you must add the User IDs of the people you want to share this template with. You may choose to do this if you have other users planning the same trip.