Habitat for Humanity
Category: Volunteer Network Programs
Habitat for Humanity is a national non-profit organization that works alongside families to build affordable, decent housing. Habitat is not a give-away program - people pay a mortgage at an affordable rate and contribute sweat equity (hours of labor) to build their homes. Habitat helps to create a diverse, loving community of people helping people. It is currently the largest home builder in the nation. Everyone is welcome to participate! St. Olaf Habitat's biggest projects are our spring break trips: for one week, we go to locations around the country to work with other Habitat affiliates. It is always a great experience! You don't have to go on a spring break trip to get involved, though. We participate in builds in the local community as well as fundraise on and off campus. Join our alias to find out about the other volunteer and engagement opportunities we offer throughout the year!
Meetings: Monthly. Join the e-mail alias for details!
- Treasurer: Ezra Garcia (garcia9)
- Co-Educational Chairperson: Ben Johnson (johnso90)
- Co-Secretary: Katelyn LeBeque (lebequ1)
- Co-President: Grace Lilly (lilly1)
- VN Coordinator: Becca Person (person1)
- Marketing: Isaiah Scharen (schare2)
- Co-President: Jacob Schimetz (schime1)
- Co-Secretary: Anika Schwarz (schwar2)
- Co-President: Kaleb Schwinefus (schwin1)
- Co-Educational Chairperson: Darla Seehusen (seehus1)
- Rice County Liaison: Abby Shimota (shimot1)
Last Updated: 5/20/18