Workshop! Several of us in the ciliate molecular biology
community are developing a workshop to be held in the summer of
2008, probably at the Darling Marine Center in Damariscotta, Maine.
This workshop is open to all, and aims to help familiarize ciliate
researchers with a number of tools and techniques that they may
wish to add to their repertoire.
An overview of workshop activities includes:
- cell husbandry (freezing/ thawing/ growth/ mating)
- preparation for light and fluorescence microscopy
- classical genetics and genetic tricks (uniparental cytogamy,
- molecular genetics (GFP tagging and targeted antisense
- genomics/ bio-informatics (homology searches/ tree building).