CAREER NETWORK FOR OLES
St. Olaf promises to foster a supportive and enduring community for Oles, and you can help fulfill that promise. Empower current juniors and seniors to make a successful transition from the Hill by participating in Career Network for Oles!
ALUMNI: Login to the registration database.
PARENTS: Contact the Alumni and Parent Relations Office via email, email@example.com or phone, (507)786-3028 or (888) 865-6537 to obtain login.
Read five student profiles a week. Over the course of the seven week program (January 16 - February 27), we'll email you five unique profiles from your chosen career category/ies. Simply scan the email to see if you have any advice, contacts/referrals, or opportunities to offer the students featured. If you choose, you may also log into a database that includes all student participants in the program sorted by career category.
Click here to see sample student profiles.
Click here for answers to commonly asked questions.
Connect any way you can. You need only contact students with whom you find a connection. Your level of involvement is up to you. For example, you may help students by providing:
- Insight into a career field
- Information on relocating to a new city (eg. affordable housing, best neighborhoods, etc.)
- Job shadowing opportunities
- Advice on how to get a position in a specific company or organization
- Referrals to people in your network
- Insight into certain graduate school programs
- Knowledge of research opportunities, internships and/or jobs
- Insight on living and working abroad
The possibilities are endless. Any type of help is welcome!