CLOSE-UP: ASSIGNED ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES
The following list is an example of the criteria/requirements that one faculty member requires of students engaged in academic internships.
1. Student must have completed coursework related to the type of work (s)he will engage in during the internship.
2. Student must have taken a course from the faculty member serving as faculty supervisor.
3. Student must be in the major where faculty supervisor teaches.
4. Student must complete pre-work researching the culture/country where the internship will take place.
5. Student must have appropriate language skills for use in the region.
6. Student must have well-developed, thoughtful learning objectives.
2 or 3 short or 1 long paper, an annotated bibliography, and a weekly journal
Ryan Sheppard's Internship Assignment