FEDERATED INSURANCE LEADERSHIP SCHOLARSHIP
Federated Insurance, Owatonna, MN has made a gift to St. Olaf College that will allow the awarding of a $1,500 scholarship for the academic year 2013-14.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, students must currently be a JUNIOR (class of '14) with a declared major in MATH, ECONOMICS or COMPUTER SCIENCE or a concentration in MANAGEMENT STUDIES, and a GPA of at least 3.0.
As an organization that prides itself on EQUITY, TEAMWORK, INTEGRITY AND RESPECT, Federated will expect that students who apply can demonstrate their commitment to these cornerstone principles. Federated has a long history of COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP AND SERVICE to others and, as such, students applying for these scholarships should demonstrate a similar orientation.
The application deadline is Monday, April 15th.
To apply for the Federated Insurance Leadership Scholarship, students must submit the following via Ole Career Central (see instructions below):
* current resume
* unofficial academic transcript
* short essay (500 words or less)
The essay should explain briefly career goals and how the student has demonstrated one or more of the Federated cornerstone principles in an employment, extracurricular, or community involvement/service activity.
Follow These Directions:
- Have a resume ready to upload (peer advisors are available to help M-F, 9-5)
- Download your unofficial transcript from SIS.
After logging in, on the left panel, select "Courses and Grades". On the right side, select "Grades", click Go. In the "Year/Terms" dropdown, select "All Years and Terms (unofficial transcript)", click Go. Save the document as a .PDF - to do this, hit "File", "Print" (you won't print to a physical printer, but to an Adobe .pdf file). If you don't have a .PDF converter, feel free to stop by the Piper Center for assistance.
- Finalize your essay and save it in a common location.
- Login to Ole Career Central via the example shown.
- Upload your resume, unofficial transcript & essay by clicking on "Documents" on the gray toolbar and selecting the correct category (upload your essay as an "other document"). You will have three documents uploaded.
- Now, apply for the Leadership Scholarship, click on "Employers" on the gray bar, click "Employer Search", underneath "Employer Name", type "Federated", click "Search". Click on the number of jobs under the "Available Positions" category in the middle of your screen. Click "Leadership Scholarship".
- Read more about Federated, then click on the "Available Positions" tab. Click on the Leadership Scholarship link.
- Read the description. When you get to the bottom of the screen, click "Apply". You will be at a screen where you can select the resume, transcript & essay you want to use. Be sure to select all 3 items. Click "Submit".
Winner will be announced by Monday, April 29th; a presentation to the winner of the scholarship will be made at a short reception in early May.
Questions regarding this program may be directed to Kirsten Cahoon (firstname.lastname@example.org) or x3268.