Johnson Social Innovation Internship
Program Dates: June 1- August 31, 2009
Stipend: $5,000 plus .5-credit academic internship
Eligibility: St Olaf Juniors
Application Deadline: February 22, 2009
The Johnson Social Innovation Internship program will provide two St Olaf students with the opportunity to design and develop innovative and resourceful approaches to addressing social problems in the Northfield or Twin Cities area. Students will propose a socially innovative plan that will be implemented within an existing nonprofit organization. Mentoring and networking by experts within the field of social entrepreneurship and nonprofit management will be invaluable to the interns throughout their summer experience and beyond.
The Johnson Social Innovation Internship program, founded by Mark and Laura Estenson Johnson ’82, is modeled after the Estenson Entrepreneurial Internship program, also created by the Johnsons in 1996.
- Current junior St. Olaf student
- Desire to be immersed in real-life problems within the social sector
- Ability to think creatively and critically in implementing a plan that addresses root causes of a social need
- Desire to gain entrepreneurial skills, leadership development, networking opportunities, and new venture creation experience
- Passion for making a difference and developing a lifetime commitment to service
Questions regarding the Johnson Social Innovation internship program should be directed to Kris Estenson, 507-786-3625 <email@example.com>, Assistant Director, Social Innovation & Entrepreneurship in the Piper Center.