St. Olaf’s Center Piper Center for Vocation and Career is excited to present InterviewStream, a new online practice interview service that offers valuable resources to assist you with your interviewing skill development.
Important Notes before You Start:
- You will have a more satisfactory experience using InterviewStream if you first review the information about interviewing from the Piper Center ’s website. The information provided will assist you in selecting appropriate questions for your practice interview.
- You must view the InterviewWebinar and InterviewSuite that feature expert tips and advice on all things interviewing before completing a practice interview.
- It is best to use "Internet Explorer" as your web browser and have "Adobe Flash Player" downloaded.
NOTE: The language used in the InterviewWebinar may leave the impression that this is only intended for those interviewing with larger or private sector companies. Piper Center staff members have reviewed the content of the webinar and agree that the same tips and advice apply whether you are interviewing with a for-profit or non-profit, government agency or NGO. If you have any questions about how to apply the strategies shared to your own interview, stop in to the Piper Center and consult with a Peer Advisor.
- Piper Center staff members will not offer feedback online for your InterviewStream practice interview. You must call x3268 and set up an appointment to receive feedback in person once you have completed your InterviewStream practice interview. See detailed instructions below in the checklist.
- Piper Center staff members are available for up to 2 practice interview feedback sessions per student: We will meet with you once after your InterviewStream practice interview. During your feedback appointment, you may choose to schedule a second practice interview to be conducted in person by a Piper Center staff member. We will offer feedback during this session as well. You must have completed a practice interview using InterviewStream in order to schedule an in-person practice interview with a Piper Center staff member.
- Feedback sessions for your InterviewStream practice interview are 30 minutes. Allow for a full hour for in-person practice interviews with feedback.
Student Checklist, InterviewStream:
- Arrange a space to do the practice interview. You have 3 options.
- If your computer/laptop has a web camera and you have Flash Player downloaded, you may do the practice interview from the comfort of your own dorm room.
- Schedule use of the World Languages Center, Resource Room-RML135A:
Consult the WLC Google Calendar. Note available times/dates. http://www.stolaf.edu/services/wlc/ then Call x3444 or email email@example.com to schedule a time to use one of their stations.
- Schedule use of a public station in the Piper Center:
The Piper Center has 1 public station. Call x3268 to arrange a time. NOTE: Contact the World Languages Center first if you need a public station. While the Piper Center does have some availability, it is extremely limited.
- Access InterviewStream
- To register, you will need to create a username and password. You will receive an email confirmation with your username and password listed.
- Once you have logged in, view the InterviewWebinar and InterviewSuite features from InterviewStream’s website. These contain important information and expert tips/advice on interviewing.
- When getting ready to conduct an interview, you can pick questions from the "pre-set" list from six categories or "Customize Your Own Interview". Keep in mind that your feedback session with a Piper Center staff member will be limited to 30 minutes; we may not have time to offer feedback on all of your questions and answers.
- Review your responses and make any notes about questions you have or difficult interview questions you want to be sure to review.
- Call x3268 to set up a feedback session with a Piper Center staff member. Let the person you speak with know that you have completed an InterviewStream practice interview and would like a 30 minute feedback session.
Now, get started by reviewing InterviewStream’s Student User Guide,
available from their website!
Two things that are different from general user guide:
1. St. Olaf students will not schedule public station online.
2. St. Olaf students will not receive feedback via email, and therefore should not have their practice interview emailed to any Piper Center staff member.
If you are having technical difficulty with InterviewStream, make sure you have the most up-to-date browser & audio set correctly. If you have any questions, please call the Piper Center at: (507) 786-3268.
Firefox: Are are using Firefox version 3 OR
Internet Explorer: Are you using Internet Explorer version 8
Adobe Flash Player: Are you using the latest version of Adobe Flash Player, version 10
Green Device Plug In: This should be set to "Line Out"
Pink Device Plug In: This should be set to "Headphone In" or "Mic In"