Searching for posted opportunities
Search engines and postings:
- Ole Career Central – internship and job postings for Oles
- On-Campus Recruiting - employers recruit St. Olaf interns and full-time employees
- Internships & Jobs by Interest Area – listings of search enginescategorized by industry
- LinkUp Job Search Engine - Search for jobopenings direct from local company websites
- Local internship opportunities - in and around Northfield
- Professional Association Websites
- Minnesota Internship & Job Resources - links to MN search engines as well as other MN private colleges’ career center websites
- Federal Jobs & Internships – information on opportunities with the federal government, including postings, application tips, and jobs by major/interest area
- Resources For Specific Populations – search engines and resources for ethnically diverse students as well as women, GLBT, students with disabilities and international students
- Internships - Specific Databases – includes search engines for both domestic and international internships
- Summer Job Links – links to on-campus summer employment, other summer jobs in MN, and opportunities with national and international summer camps
- JustJobs - is a job search engine that finds job listings from company career pages, other job boards, newspapers and associations.
- General Megasites - CollegeRecruiter.com, Monster, HotJobs, etc.
- Individual organization websites- check for links titled "employment opportunities, "job openings", "careers", or "human resources"
- City newspaper classifieds online
- Other colleges' career center websites in your preferred location
- Other positions by interest area links - search Yahoo or Google by typing in "Internships/Jobs in... (interest area)"
- Contact local community and government organizations to learn more about these work environments and potential opportunities.
- Alumni (Online Alumni Directory - search by occupational area, city, major – conduct informational interviews with alumni of interest)
- Search site directories by major - lists organizations Oles have interned with in the past
- Staffing agencies (temp agencies, headhunters) - e.g. GradStaff in the Twin Cities area; Search the directory at the American Staffing Association for more
- Job Choices Online Newsletter - job search tips from employers
Fairs & Events:
- Minnesota Education Job Fair (for certified teachers) - Monday, April 15, 2013
Teachers and teacher candidates can attend this fair to connect with a large number of K-12 schools and districts.
- The Nonprofit & Government Career Fair - TBA, 2013
The Job and Internship Fair allows government and nonprofit agencies to meet with candidates and alumni from the 31 participating Minnesota 4-year colleges and universities and participating regional colleges.
- Summer Job/Camp Fair - Monday, February 11, 2013
Recruiters from Lutheran Camps and other organizations were on campus to meet and interview students!
- MN Private Colleges Job & Internship Fair - February 20 & 21, 2013
By attending this fair, you will have the opportunity to network with 100+ employers who are interested in starting and maintaining employment relationships with MN graduates!
- World Wide Service Fair - Thursday, February 28, 2013
This is an opportunity for students to connect with volunteer/service organizations
- Pathways to Careers in the Social Sciences - Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Connect with alumni from the MN Private Colleges and attend panels about careers in the social sciences to learn more about the field and how to get started!