LEADERS FOR SOCIAL CHANGE
SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Leaders for Social Change program complements a St. Olaf education by providing an opportunity for students to complete an internship or research project in Northfield or the Twin Cities while participating in ongoing academic and vocational reflection with faculty, staff, community leaders and alumni.
Application Requirements:All application materials are due Wednesday, February 27th at 11:00 pm
Application Form* (includes essay questions)
Resume (it is not necessary to include a cover letter)*
Faculty Recommendation Form**
Peer Recommendation Form**
*Application Form and Resume should be uploaded to Ole Career Central.
- Login to Ole Career Central via the directions provided
- Save your application & resume to a common location.
- Under the Documents tab on the black menu bar, upload your application (as an other document) & your resume (as a resume)
- Apply for the internship by searching for St. Olaf College as the "employer" & Leaders for Social Change - Summer 2013 as the "position". Once you select the position, click on the "Available Positions".
- On the right hand panel, select your resume and application under the drop down fields. Click on "Submit".
** Faculty Recommendation Form and Peer Recommendation Form should be emailed to Andrea Kubinski <email@example.com> by 5:00p.m. on Wednesday, February 27th.
A selection committee will evaluate the applications and arrange for individual interviews with select applicants.
If you have any questions about the program, please stop by the Piper Center in Tomson Hall 270 or contact the LSC Program Director, Nate Jacobi at firstname.lastname@example.org or (507) 786-3268.
June 2—August 2, 2013
Current sophomores and juniors
Gain valuable experience working 35 hours per week at a Northfield or Twin Cities non-profit, public or for-profit organization that is contributing to social change.
Live in community with 6-9 other students in a spirit of support and mutuality. Share in weekly community meals and reflection meetings. One LSC House will be located in Northfield (Honor House) and one will be located in St. Paul (near Macalester College).
Civic Engagement Seminars
Reflect on internship experiences, discuss community issues and approaches to social change, and participate in vocational and career exploration as part of weekly seminars with community leaders, St. Olaf faculty, program directors and alumni.
Fulfill requirements for a 0.5-credit (or 0.25-credit) academic internship. Reflect on experiences through writing, discussion and presentation requirements.
Campus Involvement and Leadership
After the summer experience, LSC participants will be expected to work with program directors to promote civic engagement, leadership development and vocational exploration among other students.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
· $2300 stipend ($225 of which will go towards community grocery expenses)
· Scholarship for tuition to cover for 0.5 or 0.25 credit academic internship