Our goal is to keep St. Olaf students, faculty, staff, and alumni coming back to the recreation center. We achieve this by constantly paying attention to details and providing excellent customer service.
1. All employees are required to wear a name tag while on duty and be on time for your
2. Employees should observe good office decorum and not sit or prop feet on desk,
counter tops, or cabinets. Keep personal visits brief.
3. Office telephones are for college business. Personal phone calls are not allowed,
including cell phone. If you do receive a personal phone call, be as brief as possible.
Users of the facility may not use office phones. Direct them to the nearest courtesy
4. It is each workers responsibility to check their e-mail for work related notes and
requests for substitutions. Do not check your email during your work shift.
8. Be aware of the programs offered each day-check the front bulletin board in Tostrud.
9. Be familiar with all emergency procedures including fire, accident, tornado, or bomb
10. Be consistent with rule enforcement.
11. Student employees must present their ID card when they are using the building
outside of their work hours.
12. When you are assigned a shift, expectations are that you will complete the entire
semester or interim.
13. If a replacement worker is late, stay at your site if you can. If you must go, inform the
14. Communicate with the worker you are replacing from the previous shift.
15. Eating at your worksite is discouraged but if you must, be discreet and clean.
16. The following people may assign additional work for you: Judy Stromayer, Kevin Cook, Janice Manning, and Lynda Maus.
17. If you are requesting a sub(s), you are expected to be a sub.
18. Attend mandatory staff meetings.
19. Respond respectfully to all inquiries and refer people on if you do not know the answer.
20. Be aware of the responsibilities specific to your position.
Protocol for someone not showing ID:
- Notify adult supervisor immediately.
- If not available, note the face and name, if possible, date and time and which class, if applicable, and put the note on Lyndas desk in the Main Office-Skoglund 114.
Employees are asked to document incidents that occur during work shifts. Use the incident report form to record incidents such as accident, injury, theft, etc. Please notify Lynda or Judy of any equipment problems in the building.
Violation of RESA Facility policies and procedures may result in immediate termination. An employee may be disciplined, suspended, or terminated during an employment period for the following reasons:
· Failure to comply with the guidelines as outlined in the Student Employee Manual.
· Frequent tardiness or unexcused absences (no shows). SEE ATTACHED POLICY.
· Working while under the influence of alcohol or any other non-prescription drug.
· Falsification of payroll.
· Sleeping while on duty.
· Use of office equipment for personal use without approval.
· Unexcused absence from mandatory staff training or meeting.
· It is your responsibility to check and reply to RESA emails.
· No laptops, computer games, head phones, cell phones or movie materials should be used while
*The quality of your work now will affect your ability to get hours in the future*
Email: alias RESA@stolaf.edu
It is your responsibility to read all messages and respond to instructions/requests
Each student employee is responsible for working their assigned shifts throughout the semester. If a substitute is needed for any reason, the employee is responsible for finding his/her own replacement at 1-6 days in advance of the time requested off.
If requesting a sub more than 7 hours in advance: THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO, GIVE AS MUCH NOTICE AS POSSIBLE
· If requesting a sub: (if you are requesting a sub, you will be expected to sub)
· Must be a RESA worker
· INSTRUCTIONS for the Web Sub requests:
· This is a sign-in page. Sign-in with your email log in.
· Choose the option you would like on the left hand menu.
· This sub request page will allow you to post a sub position 1-6 days in advance.
· Once your sub request is filled by another resa worker, you will receive a confirmation email.
You must make sure someone has taken your sub request (do not assume it is okay).
If less than 7 hours prior to needing a sub then:
Email directly to email@example.com Keep the request to the point.
For example: Subject: Sub needed - Sat 6 - 9 p.m.
Indicate in the body of the message the details of the sub request.
Reply directly to who will be your sub and notify Lynda (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If still unsuccessful, you must contact Judy by email and/or phone (x3989).
If you have a short notice emergency: Call the Front desk x3715, Lynda X3749 or Kevin x3563, Judy x3989 (depending on time of day).
Radios: expensive, be careful with them.
When you use them, be professional.
The first shift of the day should distribute the radios to the work stations, and turn them on: one should go to the main desk, one to the weight room, one to the equipment room, one to the south desk (if it is Saturday). The chargers are in Judy's office or the equipment room.
The last shift of the day should return the radios to the charger.
-- To talk, depress button, pause for one second and begin talking while continuing to
depress the button.
Record hours online upon completion of your shift (not during). Falsification of hours worked will result
in dismissal , If you have no timesheet to fill out online, you need a work authorization sent by email from Lynda
Round off your time to the nearest quarter hour.
Complete your timesheet properly under the correct account number and job description
Record your hours in the corresponding area on the timesheet and submit for approval
You will be notified that your time sheet was approved and you should get paid. If your time sheet was rejected, you need to make corrections and resubmit
for approval. There will be comments explaining why it was rejected..
Building Supervisors (Tostrud Front Desk):
Basketball baskets and partition nets, volleyball and tennis nets set-up and take-down.
Do NOT leave desk unattended.
-- be familiar with RESA building hours, policies and procedures and enforce them
-- fitness and weight rooms must always be supervised
-- answer phone and give correct information or direct call to proper person.
-- Check building and all work sites at the start of the shift and every half-hour. (Always
keep garage doors closed). On building rounds, include head counts for big space usage. Form is on the clipboard at the front desk.
-- fill in at various stations to work if needed
-- check IDs
-- collect dirty towels from fitness and weight room, bring to laundry room and bring
back clean towels
-- be familiar with security and emergency procedures
-- check out equipment
-- report concerns/problems/incidents to adult supervisor
-- keep desk and front area clean and tidy. Remove outdated materials from bulletin
-- 6:30 - 9:00 a.m. Begin washing towels
-- Walk entire building. Pick up garbage, clothing and put in lost & found. Tidy up by
removing old signs, etc.
-- 3:00-6:00 shift: One supervisor should help at the south desk from 3:00 - 3:30.
-- 6:00 - 8:30 p.m. shift: Make sure the door is not proper open, and lock back door by racquetball courts at 6 p.m. in the winter, end of November through spring break, and at 7 p.m. in fall/spring.
Perform other duties as assigned
Fitness & Weight Rooms:
Pick up towels and bottles.
Perform checklist each shift. (Sweep floor/vacuum when dirt is present).
Be familiar with equipment and notify supervisor is something is broken.
Keep areas clean at all times.
Ask users with dirty shoes to clean off their shoes before using.
Attend to customer if injury occurs; know emergency plan.
Control volume and appropriateness of CD's played in weight room - no vulgar language on CD's.
RESA STUDENT WORK ATTENDANCE POLICY
Being late or absent for work is inconsiderate to the rest of the Tostrud staff, please be considerate and show up on time.
Excused Absence or Tardiness
· Hospital Confinement
An absence will be considered unexcused if not covered by the factors above. Tardiness is defined as being more than 3 minutes late.
An unreported absence will be classified as an unexcused absence regardless of the reason.
After one incident involving either absence or tardiness the administration will follow these disciplinary steps:
1st occurrence warning - verbal or via email
2ndoccurrence – personal meeting
3rd occurrence – termination
Absences and Tardiness must be reported directly to the supervisor. In the case of the tardiness, the employee must also notify whoever is on duty before them.