Regents Hall of Natural and Mathematical Sciences
Firmly rooted in a vision that articulates an integrated approach to the study of natural sciences and mathematics, Regents Hall will carry the sciences at St. Olaf deep into the 21st century, housed in inspiring and innovative learning spaces explicitly designed to promote the student-faculty interactions for which St. Olaf is known.
Every St. Olaf student takes courses in science and mathematics and nearly 40 percent graduate with a major or concentration in one or more of the disciplines housed in the new building.
Here are some of the specifc ways in which Regents Hall of Natural and Mathematical Sciences will contribute to the quality of a St. Olaf education. The new facilty will:
- Promote the interdisciplinary teaching and collaborative research that is at the cutting edge of modern science.
- Benefit the recruitment and retention of faculty and students.
- Provide excellent faculty-student research spaces needed to sustain our nationally recognized undergraduate research programs.
- Promote more intentional interaction among students and faculty.
- Have flexible and technology-rich classrooms that keep pace with emerging scientific discovery.
- Be used extensively by scientists and mathematicians while being open to the entire St. Olaf community, enhancing connections among the disciplines.
- Have environmental integrity, consistent with the mission of the college.
- Reinvigorate the Old Main side of campus, creating a beautiful new green space.
A Celebration of the Future of the Sciences at St. Olaf
October 3-4, 2008
(Be sure to download the latest version of QuickTime.)