Need help with writing? Get help in person at the Writing Help Desk or online by following our links at the bottom of this page!!
The Writing Help Desk
St. Olaf's Writing Center - consultants available - appointments available but not necessary.
- Any St. Olaf student who wants help with writing can meet with a consultant in the Writing Help Desk
- Writing consultants are trained to help with any stage of the writing process
- Writing consultants are also trained to help multilingual students with English
- Most sessions are one-to-one. We also welcome small groups working on the same writing assignment
- Appointments are available by calling the Academic Support Center at 507-786-3288
- Walk-in appointments may be possible when a consultant is available
For more check out the Writing Help Desk Page.
One-to-One Consulting for Writing
- For multilingual students, students with disabilities, and underprepared students
- One-to-one consulting is like going to the Writing Help Desk with the added benefits that come from making a commitment to work regularly with the same writing consultant who knows you and your goals
- A consultation with the Writing and Multilingual Writing Specialist is the first step to take – call the
Academic Support Center at 507-786-3288 for an appointment
Writing Help Desk Hours
Monday-Thursday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m and 7 - 10 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday: 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sunday: 1:30 - 5 p.m. and 7 - 10 p.m.
Writing Consultant Training Resources