CHAPTER 11: Animal Care
11.3 St. Olaf Insitutional Animal Care and Use Forms - You Must Complete These Forms (1) Before Working with Live Animals and (2) Annually
Federal animal welfare regulations require that an Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) review and approve all activities involving the use of vertebrate animals (1) prior to their initiation and (2) thereafter on an annually renewal basis. This includes any animals used for the development of experimental methodologies, instructional purposes, research, etc.
The forms, which borrow heavily from language used by other research-oriented undergraduate institutions, address all of the key tenets of the US Government's Principles for the Utilization and Care of Vertebrate Animals Used in Testing, Research, and Training.
11.3.a Before Working with a New Type of Animal: Protocol Routing Slip
- Complete this form prior to working with any live animals.
11.3.b Annual Renewal or Modification of Existing Protocols
- This form must be used by all investigators for Protocol Annual Renewal and/or making Modifications to their existing approved animal care and use protocols.
Chapter 11: Animal Care
- 11.0: Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- 11.1: Laws, Regulations, and Online Guidelines
- 11.2: IACUC Guidelines
- 11.3: STO Forms - You Must Complete Before Working with Live Animals
- 11.4: Online Training