User Support Assistant
User Support Assistants are the people who help full-time staff complete their duties. Often this position requires solving problems for faculty and staff in and on their machines. The User Support Assistant position may vary slightly from supervisor to supervisor.
- Assist faculty, staff and students with hardware & software related questions.
- Assist with IT-sponsored workshops.
- Perform disk recoveries & virus checks.
- Troubleshoot computer problems both over the phone and in person.
- Write documentation, perform scanning, work with workshop/seminars.
- Evaluate new software packages.
- Work on general computing projects.
- Work with Clientele, OmniPage, Photoshop, Microsoft Office and other IT applications.
- Misc. office-related tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong working knowledge of PCs, Macintoshes, UNIX systems, networking and peripherals.
- Strong knowledge of a wide range of PC and Macintosh applications, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Good troubleshooting skills and ability to think analytically.
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Self starter and able to work without much supervision.