The Web Assistant helps the Webmaster develop and maintain the St. Olaf Web site. The Web Assistant also provides training and assistance to faculty, staff, and students on how to use HTML, supported Web editors, and other Web-related applications.
- Assist college departments and offices in the development of a web page.
- Train users how to create and maintain web pages.
- Assist with web management tasks as directed by the Webmaster.
- Assist staff in giving Web workshops.
- Create and maintain web sites and web applications using ColdFusion.
- Other duties as assigned by the Webmaster or the Director of Information and Instructional Technologies.
- Cross-platform experience with Macintoshes and PCs.
- Strong knowledge of and experience using HTML.
- Experience using a web page editor such as Dreamweaver.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
- Ability to speak in public.
- Programming skills and experience (ColdFusion, C/C++, Java, Perl, PHP, etc) are a plus.